2017 - 2018
School Council Members and Plans for this Year
The pupils here at Grosvenor Road have a voice through the School Council. We have a very active School Council which meets each week to share ideas and make important decisions about the school, with the support of Miss Wood.
In September, we held an election in each Key Stage Two year group. Two children from each year group were then elected by pupil votes to represent the whole school and the views of all children.
This year, our School Council consists of the following pupils:
Scarlett and Alfie – Chairpersons
Owen and Skye – Secretaries
Ethan, Piper, Jake and Darcy – Deputy Councillors
The school council has begun to identify some key plans for the year ahead which are outlined below:
- To further develop ways for the pupils of Grosvenor Road to share information about areas of concern
- Organising fundraising activities
- Developing the school reward system
- Increasing independence during play times and lunch times
- Providing opportunities for all children to interact across Key Stages